Thursday, April 5, 2012

You're going to get it anyway, may as well laugh at it


Like most computer users, I get a lot of unsolicited email. Most of it is just junk, of no real interest, and gets deleted. I am happy with my marriage, the size of my penis, and my lack of cheap, under the table prescription drugs.

But once in a while, some of the stuff is unintentionally hilarious. I submit the following:

" Sir,
I am a lady accountant with a bank here in London. There is a fixed
deposit of £150,000,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Million Pounds
Starling) made to this bank...."

First of all, I found it amusing that the writer would point out that this is from a lady accountant. That's like when Rimmer in Red Dwarf talks about having "a woman's period." The fact you feel you have to say it means it's not real.

BUT..the part that broke me up was the "One Hundred Fifty Million Pound Starling" I got the image of an enormous songbird sitting atop the London skyline, uttering a bass "TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET" and leaving the nation's millet supply in tatters.

Well, I found it funny.

Think of the droppings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment